L.Q. Jones is a well-known American actor and director, with a career spanning over six decades. He has appeared in numerous films and television shows, and has also directed several movies. But what is actor LQ Jones net worth? In this article, we will explore the life and career of L.Q. Jones and give you an insight into Actor LQ Jones net worth.
Who is L.Q. Jones?
L.Q. Jones, born Justus Ellis McQueen Jr. in 1927 in Beaumont, Texas, is an American actor and director. He started his acting career in the 1950s and quickly gained recognition for his roles in western movies. He has appeared in over 100 films and TV shows throughout his career and has directed several movies. Some of his notable works include “The Wild Bunch,” “A Boy and His Dog,” “Casino,” and “The Mask of Zorro.”
Early Life and Career
L.Q. Jones grew up in Texas and attended Lamar University. He began his career in the entertainment industry as a disc jockey, but soon moved on to acting. He started out in small roles in western movies before gaining recognition for his role in the movie “Ride the High Country” in 1962.
Actor L.Q. Jones Biography
|Full name||Justus Ellis McQueen|
|Date of birth||19 August 1927|
|Place of birth||Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas, United States|
|Parents||Jessie Paralee McQueen(Father), Justice Ellis McQueen(Mother)|
|Spouse (Wife)||Neta Lewis|
|Children||Marlin Jones, Marilyn Jones, and Stephen Jones.|
|Actor LQ Jones Net worth (approx.)||$10 million|
|Profession||Film Director, Actor, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Cattle Rancher|
|Awards/Achievements||Western Heritage Awards (1992), Golden Boot Awards (2002)|
L.Q. Jones has had a long and successful career in the entertainment industry. He has appeared in numerous films and television shows and has also directed several movies. Some of his notable works include:
The Wild Bunch
L.Q. Jones appeared in the classic western movie “The Wild Bunch” in 1969. The movie was directed by Sam Peckinpah and was a huge success at the box office. The movie also received critical acclaim and is considered to be one of the greatest western movies of all time.
A Boy and His Dog
L.Q. Jones directed the post-apocalyptic movie “A Boy and His Dog” in 1975. The movie starred Don Johnson and received critical acclaim for its unique storyline and characters.
The Mask of Zorro
L.Q. Jones appeared in the 1998 movie “The Mask of Zorro” alongside Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta-Jones. The movie was a huge success at the box office and received positive reviews from critics.
Actor LQ Jones Net Worth
As of 2023, Actor LQ Jones net worth is estimated to be around $10 million. His primary source of income is his career in the entertainment industry, including acting and directing.
Jones was a registered Republican and a practising Methodist. Jones passed away at the age of 94 on July 9, 2022 in his Hollywood Hills residence in Los Angeles due to natural causes.
Actor L.Q. Jones Cause of Death
Actor L.Q. Jones passed away at the age of 94 on July 9, 2022. However, the cause of his death has not been officially announced but was most likely natural causes. Jones died at his home in California, according to a New York Times article.
7 Little-known Facts About Actor L.Q. Jones
- L.Q. Jones’ birth name was Justus Ellis McQueen Jr. He adopted the stage name “L.Q. Jones” early on in his career.
- Jones was not only an actor but also a director, producer, and writer. He directed and co-wrote the 1972 film “A Boy and His Dog.”
- Jones served in the Navy during World War II, and later attended college on the GI Bill.
- He appeared in a number of films directed by Sam Peckinpah, including “The Wild Bunch” and “Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.”
- Jones was a founding member of the Motion Picture and Television Fund, which provides assistance to entertainment industry workers in need.
- In addition to his film work, Jones had a recurring role on the television series “The Virginian.”
- Jones was an avid golfer and was known to play regularly with other Hollywood stars, including Clint Eastwood and Telly Savalas.
L.Q. Jones is a legendary actor and director who has had a long and successful career in the entertainment industry. He has appeared in numerous films and television shows and has also directed several movies. Despite being in his nineties, L.Q. Jones continues to work in the industry and has amassed a net worth of around $10 million.
1. What is L.Q. Jones best known for?
L.Q. Jones is best known for his roles in western movies and for directing the post-apocalyptic movie “A Boy and His Dog.”
2. How old is L.Q. Jones?
L.Q. Jones was born on August 19, 1927, which makes him 95 years old as of 2023.
3. What is L.Q. Jones net worth?
As of 2023, L.Q. Jones net worth is estimated to be around $10 million.
4. Has L.Q. Jones won any awards for his acting or directing?
While L.Q. Jones has not won any major awards for his work, he has received recognition and critical acclaim for his roles in various movies and TV shows.
5. Is L.Q. Jones still active in the entertainment industry?
Yes, despite being in his nineties, L.Q. Jones is still active in the industry and continues to work on new projects.
For more articles on Investment, Insurance, Finance, Wealth Creation, please visit investhabit.com
Here are some more recommended articles, similar to this one titled Actor LQ Jones Net Worth, from InvestHabit.com
- Colonel Parker Net Worth – Elvis Presley’s Controversial Manager
- Patrick Renna Net Worth 2023 | How the Actor Achieved Success
- Jesse Powell Net Worth 2023 – Kraken, Income, Family
- Jaw Dropping Kay Flock Net Worth – Real Name, Age, Income
- Lee Zeldin Net Worth 2023 – Age, Money, Politics
As a writer with extensive knowledge and experience in both the finance and automotive industries, Prakash is dedicated to producing high-quality content that informs, engages, and inspires his readers.